Latest information from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) warns people to avoid scams related to two companies.
The first is I Cash Advance a legitimate company that has been approved by the FCA that has been cloned by scammers. This means that fraudsters are mixing up false details with some correct details of the company in order to fool people.
Information that fraudsters are sharing includes:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 020 3807 0001, 020 3807 0002, 020 3769 9998
These are the correct details:
- Firm name: Munee Hut LLP t/a ICash Advance
- Firm reference number: 737787
- Address: 120 Cross Street, Sale, Cheshire, M33 7AW
- Website: www.icashadvance.co.uk
- Email: email@example.com
The second scam reported by FAC is by an unauthorised firm called Quick All Loans. Details of this company are:
- Addresses: 46 Warwick Street, London, W1B 5NL/ 207 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH/ 57 Hay Market, London, SW1Y 4QX
- Telephone numbers: 0203 608 6048, 0203 608 4426, 0203 514 6668, 0203 514 6583, 0203 514 4668
- Email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.quickallloans.com
Before you take out a loan, make sure that the company is registered by the FCA here.
If you have been scammed, report this to Action Fraud here.
If you would like more information on how to spot scams or if a potential offer has the hallmarks of a scam call 03454 04 05 06.